Saturday September 6th at 6:30 pm we are celebrating our 1st year in action. Join Us!
September 2013, NECS opened it’s doors to the community. This month, we celebrate one year! Over the past year, through collaboration with local organizations and numerous artists, teachers, parents and health care providers, and with limited resources, and help from countless supporters, we have provided workshops to well over 100 students. Highlight of the past year include:
- Visual art, dance, music and creative writing workshops for children and adults.
- Children’s Theatre for children ages 5-14 served 32+ children in the Fall, Winter and Spring
- Architecture and engineering for children ages 4 – 14
- 3D computer animation for children 9 – 14
- Family international folk dance dance monthly series – intergenerational.
- Workshops for preschoolers included sign language, cooking, and theatre.
- A free youth leadership empowerment club for girls age 10 – 14, with 10-18 girls attending throughout the year.
- Monthly free community building programs – Family Game Night and Youth Evening of the Arts.
- 2 Free Parent educational workshops
- Summer and Spring Break camps.
Future plans include empowerment workshops for teens, regular parenting support, and further development and expansion of our art and science programs through the collaboration of local organizations.
We would like to thank all of our friends and supporters for making this possible. For those of you who live near by, please join us Saturday September 6th at 6:30 pm.