Help Us Make An Impact In The Lives Of Children, Youth And The Community!
Dear Friends, Family and Supporters of NECS,
Thanks to your generosity, NECS has made it through three years! Each year in the Fall season before we embark on a new school year, we have reached out to you for your support. We hope that you will come to our aid again this year and help us meet our annual goal of $15K.
As you can see from our video, this past year has been busy and full of wonderful life changing experiences and memories. Thanks in part to the donations we received last year, we were able to offer classes in the visual and performing arts, sciences, culinary arts, leadership, emotional, social and spiritual development classes, and workshops for parents. In addition we held free monthly community building events, and gave out numerous scholarships throughout the year to local children in need to attend classes and camps.
Funds Raised this year will help with the following:
Your donation no matter how small helps
- Another junior youth leadership and empowerment group for boys.
- A race unity program for young people on the harmful effects of racism in this country and it’s implications in the world.
- Add photography, creative writing and clay making workshops in our repertoire.
- Acquire some used instruments for our band club.
- Provide more art programs in collaboration with our local museum.
- Cover operating costs of the center so that we can continue to provide programs for free or at low costs
- Provide scholarships for the underserved population in our community in order to bridge the opportunity gap.
Highlights from 2015 – 2016 school year!
- Our Children’s Theatre Company celebrated and completed it’s 10 year with a stellar performance of “Respect, A Musical Journey of Women,” the story of woman’s journey to equality demonstrated through popular music of the past century.
- We successfully ran social emotion skills groups throughout the year for children ages 6 – teens with the goal of helping children develop strong sense of self, learn to communicate appropriately, develop coping skills, and build friendships.
- Our girl rising spiritual empowerment leadership group, offered free of charge to the community, completed it’s third year with most of the participants from year one still attending and we have since more than doubled in number. We participated in several service projects throughout the year.
- We partnered with the Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art (HVCCA) to provide a free photography workshop attended by local students.
- We partnered with Something Good in The World (SGITW) to provide a program called “Thinking out of bound,” the aim of which was to empower participants to be social inventors; to problem solve, think critically and see themselves as agents of change in their communities.
- In addition to our regular camps, we offered a 5 day summer camp for teenage girls “Empowering Girls to Lead Change,” which was attended by 13 girls. One of the highlights of the week was the opportunity to travel to NYC and visit 2 NGOs and engage in a workshop at one of the NGOs on the topic of Religion and Gender equality. Discussions throughout the week centered on positive self image, gender equality and developing a growth mindset.
- We offered yoga and mindfulness workshops for preteens and teens throughout the year.
Exiting new developments!
- Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art (HVCCA), was so impressed with our students when we visited this summer that they have invited us to partner with them to provide arts education to local children.
- Our school district is applying for a grant so that it can hire NECS to run a leadership and mentorship programs for preteens within the district over the next few years – Prayers needed!
- We are in negotiations with local artists, teachers, and organizations like Arts 10566, the NAACP, and Peekskill Youth Bureau to expand our reach into the community and identify resources to better serve the community.
- Exploring becoming a 501(c)3 organization.
NECS has become a hub for community activities and family events. In order to keep this much need community center open, we need your help. Please consider making a contribution to NECS.
NECS is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit 501(c)(3) arts service organization. Fractured Atlas will receive grants for the purposes of NECS. You may also pay by check payable to Fractured Atlas, marked below for NECS programs, and mail to: 1016 Brown Street – LL01, Peekskill NY 10566. You must contribute through Fractured Atlas our non-profit sponsor for your donation to be tax-deductible. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
Thank you in advance for your generosity. We look forward to another year of creative programing for our community.
PS: Contributions are always welcome anytime throughout the year 🙂
TO CONTRIBUTE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON:
PLEASE SHARE ON ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS!
All contribution will go directly towards funding New Era Creative Space (NECS) programs. You may choose any amount to donate.